Thursday, November 22, 2007

View from a Woman on Thanksgiving Day Cranberries

When you stay up late on the night before Thanksgiving making your own personal Cake's and Pie's. You want your family to enjoy what you fixed but you also want them to remember those special recipes MOM fixed each year. How the cranberries had to be good fresh cranberries for her Cranberry Tart Cake she fixes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well this year our local supermarket I guess found a good deal on some kind of cranberries (other than Ocean Spray) that left in the fridge 2 days would turn into weeping soggy little mounds of disgust. Where you had to go to the supermarket that evening and buy the same weeping soggy little mounds of disgust for your cake recipe. If fixed and cooked as soon as possible the cake came out great but don't let them sit!
Everyone loved the cake as I hoped they would again. Everyone enjoyed Dinner and Dessert we always have a lot of good food for Thanksgiving. When all the dishes are cleaned up and everyone has leftovers, and all go home you can sit down with a cup of coffee and think what a great thanksgiving it was and what we all have to be thankful for. You can think about what could have been a mess if the cranberries hadn't worked out. I'm blessed that all my family was here this year I know there's a lot of people that didn't have family members home to worry over a bunch of soggy cranberries, and I wish all there loved ones well I hope all of them can come home soon and be with loved ones, but also I wish the guy selling the lousy cranberries at a low price had a great big bunch of them dumped on his head we'd see how long they lasted. If you want I'll put my Cranberry Tart Cake recipe here and you can try it you'll love it. Talk to you later.

No comments: